Latest News on Our Campaigns
- Small Business News! CB 3 Meeting WED 4/25 Join us to hear Cooper Square Committee’s information on the Commercial Lease Assistance Program and the City Council’s Planning for Retail Diversity Report
CB 3 Economic Development Committee
6:30 pm WED 4/25
Houston Street Center 473 Bowery
Despite the changes we see every day, our neighborhood is still a very special place!
Please help preserve what we have.
The City Council’s report expresses support for initiatives for which ... Read More
- Please Comment On LPC Rules Changes, Update On Keep The Cap Please comment on LPC Rules Changes!
There is still time to comment on LPC rules changes.
Public notice and the opportunity to comment are essential to good government.
Sign on to GVSHP’s letter today!
Neighbors, elected officials, Community Boards and preservationists turned out in force to voice concerns about the proposed set of changes to Landmarks Preservation Commission rules.
With no public notice of applications ... Read More
- Love Our Local Merchants
What’s not to love?
EVCC’s 2018 Get Local Guide is full of lovely spots for:
vintage pops of red
Spread the Love
Share your finds on Yelp and Instagram
For extra xoxo’s
Sign GVSHP’s petition in support of the Small Business Jobs Survival Act (SBJSA):
Thanks for all you do!
- End-Of-Year Appeal 2017 Dear Neighbors,
Thank you for your commitment to preserving the East Village.
My new role as Executive Director has taught me that the East Village Community Coalition is all about you: writing letters, making calls, attending events, staying informed, and shopping locally!
We invite you to keep in touch, share your thoughts on what’s important to you and ... Read More
- The 2018 Get Local Guide The 2018 Get Local Guide has arrived!
Email or call 212-979-2344 to get yours,
or try our online version
- Rally TODAY! 5:30pm 3rd Avenue & St Mark’s Place
Join GVSHP, LESPI, Cooper Square Committee, EVCC, Bowery Alliance of Neighbors and others to save our neighborhood from becoming a glassy Silicon Alley!
A $150 million deal has been signed for a “boutique office building” to rise at 3rd Avenue and St. Mark’s Place.Multiple office buildings, hotels and high-rise condos are planned for this area, pushing out longtime residents and businesses.
The East Village Community Coalition strongly ... Read More
- Celebration Rally for CHARAS / El Bohio / Former P.S. 64 Rally 12pm Monday NOV 6
CITY HALL STEPS
Join Us As We Mark the Anniversary of the late Community Leader and
CHARAS Co-Founder Armando Perez’s Birthday and
Celebrate the Mayor’s Announcement of His Intent to
Reacquire CHARAS / EL BOHIO / FORMER P.S. 64!
RALLY & PRESS CONFERENCE
With speakers Councilmember Rosie Mendez, Carlos ‘Chino’ Garcia,
CHARAS, Inc., Andrew Berman, GVSHP, Laura Sewell, ... Read More
- Old P.S. 64 CHARAS / El Bohio News Mayor Bill de Blasio, Town Hall, October 12, 2017:
I understand now that there’s been, for over a decade-and-a-half, a controversy and a problem over the CHARAS building, and that the decision made a long time ago by the Giuliani administration was a mistake.
For the Giuliani administration to put that building into private hands failed ... Read More
- Save The 3rd And 4th Avenue Corridors 6:30PM WED 9/13 Critical CB 3 Meeting: Rezoning the 3rd & 4th Avenue Corridors
Save Third & Fourth Avenues in the East Village!
Join GVSHP and neighbors at the
Community Board 3 Land Use Committee Meeting
Wednesday, September 13 6:30pm
Rutgers Community Center 200 Madison Street (btwn Rutgers & Pike Streets)
F Train to East Broadway; M 15 Bus (1/2 Ave) to Pike & Madison
Meeting begins at 6:30 pm; this is ... Read More
- Old P.S. 64/CHARAS – Time for a Change – Sign THIS Petition For two decades, Old P.S. 64 has lain fallow and allowed to deteriorate, when it could have been serving our community.
We all agree it’s time for change! So let’s get serious and ask the Mayor again to restore our treasure and return it to community use. Start by signing THIS petition.
Read carefully when asked to sign ... Read More