Please visit our What’s Open EV map to discover local businesses across the East Village that are operating through the pandemic. Local businesses are the lifeblood of the neighborhood, let’s do our best to continue supporting them.
A diversity of local independent retail shops and services is an essential part of life in the East Village. EVCC continues to press for any and all measures to support the small businesses that keep our neighborhood livable and attractive. (more…)
What do you see when you look uptown or downtown from the East Village? Towers. EVCC works to protect our walkable, tree-lined streets, one of the main reasons people love living here.
We champion better public transportation for our community and encourage human-powered transportation, the best way to appreciate our neighborhood.
Latest News on Our Campaigns
- East Village Community Organizations Release “Crisis and Adaptation: Storefront Trends in the East Village, 2019 – 2021”The report explores storefront vacancies, retail mix, merchant stories, and changes in the commercial landscape since 2019. Read the report now!Read More
- Jazz + Tango Performances on Ave B Open Street! 1-5 PM SAT AUG 13Got plans for this weekend’s perfect weather? We do! Join us for a FREE Zumba class with the 14th Street Y at 1pm, and then stick around for Jazz and Tango performances by Kimberly Fergie and Los Chantas Tango NYC from 2-5pm as part of OpenArtsLES! FABnyc’s amazing resident artists will also teaching us the ...Read More
- New FREE Wednesday evening dance fitness classes on the Ave B Open Street!FREE fitness in the streets from LOSCC and our friends at the 14th Street Y! All levels welcome! Ave B and 11th Street 5:30 pm Masala Bhangra with Cloe 6:30 pm Heart & Soul Cardio with JohariRead More
- Citywide Dance Party on Ave B Open Street! 12-5 PM SAT AUG 6Dance your way down to the Avenue B Open Street! Start the afternoon with Zumba at Noon from our Friends at the 14th Street Y! Keep the beat alive! Salsa Lessons with instructor Marlon Mills at 1pm! Then groove to musical performances hosted by Open Arts LES from 2-5 pm, featuring salsa band Sonido Costeno and African diasporic tunes ...Read More
- Performances + Zumba on the Ave B Open Street! 1-5 PM SAT JUL 30Kiss July goodbye, and hang out with our friends FABnyc and Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition on the Ave B Open Street between 8th and 9th Street! Kick off the day with Zumba from 14th Street Y at 1pm and keep your body moving with live performances by BombaYo at 2:30 pm and Ukrainian Village ...Read More
- DOT Community Workshop + Family Fun on the Ave B Open Street! 1-5 PM SAT JUL 23Things are heating up on the Ave B Open Street! Join our friends FABnyc and the Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition tomorrow from 1-5 pm for a jam packed day featuring Zumba, artmaking workshops, and live performances! Introducing the new Ave B Arts Market, curated by FABnyc, here’s how to learn more and apply! Also! Share ...Read More
- LUNGS Produce Pickup is BACK! FRI JUL 22 – Early Fall at 313 E. 8th StreetThe LUNGS CSA (Community-Supported Agriculture) is a pay-as-you-go program for gardeners, friends and neighbors who want to enjoy fresh produce without purchasing a seasonal share. For $12, you’ll get a bagful of fresh and healthy produce! Just sign up and pay one week in advance. You can start or stop anytime; there’s no long-term commitment. Pickup your produce bag every Friday ...Read More
- Zumba and the LES Community and Culture Day on Ave B Open Street! 1-5 PM SAT JUL 16Dance your way down to the Ave B Open Street for LES Community & Culture Day, featuring fabulous musical performances, poetry readings, crafting workshops, and tarot readings! All hosted for FREE by our friends at FAB NYC and curated by the Lower East Side Community Cultural Council. And don’t forget to dance your cares away ...Read More
- Zumba and Live Musical and Dance Performances on Ave B Open Street! 1-5 PM SAT JUL 9Join us on the Ave B Open Street at 1PM to dance the calories away with Fiorella and our friends from the 14th Street Y! Sign up for the class in-advance to receive notice if the class is moved indoors for weather, or just turn up a few minutes early if all’s fair: Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/14y-fitness-in-the-streets-tickets-375462728127 FAB’s ...Read More
- Japanese Folk Dancing and Pop Operas on Ave B Open Street! 2-5 PM SAT JUN 25Come and celebrate the last Saturday of June on the Ave B Open Street. FAB NYC’s OpenArtsLES will be hosting a fabulous and FREE performances by the Japanese Fold Dance Institute of NY as well as present the mesmerizing and interactive Expanding Table pop opera by Mindy Levokove & Co.Read More