Please visit our What’s Open EV map to discover local businesses across the East Village that are operating through the pandemic. Local businesses are the lifeblood of the neighborhood, let’s do our best to continue supporting them.
A diversity of local independent retail shops and services is an essential part of life in the East Village. EVCC continues to press for any and all measures to support the small businesses that keep our neighborhood livable and attractive. (more…)
What do you see when you look uptown or downtown from the East Village? Towers. EVCC works to protect our walkable, tree-lined streets, one of the main reasons people love living here.
We champion better public transportation for our community and encourage human-powered transportation, the best way to appreciate our neighborhood.
Latest News on Our Campaigns
- Zumba on the Ave B Open Street! 1 & 2 PM SAT MAR 27Join us for a FREE drop-in Zumba Class on Ave B between 9th & 10th Streets! Low impact at 1 PM, all levels at 2 PM. Sponsored by NYC DOT and produced by Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition.Read More
- Sustainable Fashion Show 12:30 PM SUN MAR 21Featuring slow, upcycled and vintage fashion on the Ave B Open Street between 10th & 11th Streets!Read More
- Spring Community Cleanup 12:00 – 2:00 PM SAT MAR 20Join EVCC for a day of community to clean up Ave B and Tompkins Square Park! Check in at GOLES 171 Avenue B 12:00 – 2:00 pm.Read More
- 311 Boot Camp 6:30 PM WED MAR 10Learn how to access open data to see the status of the addresses that interest you. Takeaways include how to research 311 complaints, Department of Buildings violations and hearings. Block associations and individuals are welcome! Please register to receive a link to join us.Read More
- Engaging with the WhatsOpenEV.com Map 12:30 – 2:30 PM SUN MAR 7Meet the WhatsOpenEV.com map! An open-source tool created by BetaNYC and maintained by EVCC, with tips from local blogger evgrieve.com and dedicated virtual volunteers. On the Ave B Open Street near 11th Street. This event is weather-dependent, please register for updates.Read More
- Creating Collective Power: a phototalk with The 4th Street Photo GalleryAlex Harsley’s reportage style of photography started in 1958 as the first Black photographer for the New York City District Attorney. Mr. Harsley has curated The 4th Street Photo Gallery and The Minority Photographers non-profit since the early 1970s. Join us for a special photography talk about this neighborhood treasure and Alex Harsley’s own work. Watch the replay of ...Read More
- Brigid: Goddess and Saint: a little Irish Women’s history with Susan McKeownJoin Grammy award-winning vocalist, songwriter and producer Susan McKeown, to hear the tales behind the Irish wave of immigration, how it was different from other immigrant groups, and how the co-mingling of these groups on the Lower East Side influenced all of their cultures. Watch the replay of this wonderful program presented on FEB 2, 2021 and co-sponsored by the ...Read More
- East Village: Lens on the Lower East Side Book TalkJoin author Marilyn Appelberg and contributing photographers for a lively talk on the Lower East Side Preservation Initiative’s East Village: Lens on the Lower East Side. Watch the replay of this wonderful program presented on DEC 29, 2020 and co-sponsored by LESPI.Read More
- Through Jan 4: Arecibo at Tompkins Square LibraryThe Flint Collective’s latest installation pays tribute to the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico, which suffered a catastrophic collapse on December 1. View at 331 E. 10TH ST, 5PM -7PM nightly.Read More
- Zumba on the AVE B Open Street! 1-3PM SAT DEC 26Join Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition for a FREE drop-in Zumba Class! Work off those holiday pounds and shed those layers! Sponsored by NYC DOT and produced by Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition.Read More