Please visit our What’s Open EV map to discover local businesses across the East Village that are operating through the pandemic. Local businesses are the lifeblood of the neighborhood, let’s do our best to continue supporting them.
A diversity of local independent retail shops and services is an essential part of life in the East Village. EVCC continues to press for any and all measures to support the small businesses that keep our neighborhood livable and attractive. (more…)
What do you see when you look uptown or downtown from the East Village? Towers. EVCC works to protect our walkable, tree-lined streets, one of the main reasons people love living here.
We champion better public transportation for our community and encourage human-powered transportation, the best way to appreciate our neighborhood.
Latest News on Our Campaigns
- Chalk the LES and Dance Parade DanceFest 1pm SAT MAY 21 on the Ave B Open StreetChalk the LES with EVCC, FABnyc and local artists to celebrate LES History Month! Share your favorite facts about our neighborhood’s history or collaborate on a group project. Stay for the Dance Parade DanceFest 2022 takeover of our regular program! Back to the Streets! Salsa Class Soul Line Dance Open Movement with Dance ParadeRead More
- View the Ecological City Pageant and Celebrate LES History Month on the Ave B Open Street! 1pm SAT MAY 14Earth Celebrations’ spectacular procession celebrates climate solution initiatives throughout our neighborhood’s community gardens, parks and waterfront. The Ecological City Pageant will pass through the Ave B Open Street (between 8th & 9th Streets) at 1pm, to be followed by performances curated by FABnyc. *PAGEANT RAIN DATE: SUN MAY 15* Ecological City Pageant & Performance Schedule Also join us for Chalk the LES with local artists to celebrate LES ...Read More
- NYC DOT Car-Free Earth Day! SAT APR 23 11AMWalk, bike or take public transportation to the Ave B Open Street (7-10th Streets) for Car-Free Earth Day: LUNGS’ Spring Awakening pop-up garden! Drag Queen Story Hour! performances from Batala NYC, Marching Cobras of NY and Body Stories! workshops from DOT, FABnyc, the Bio Bus, Citizens’ Climate Lobby, and Materials for the Arts! seed giveaways from ...Read More
- LUNGS Spring Awakening Costume Making SAT APR 16 11AMJoin us for Spring Awakening Costume Making with LUNGS on Saturday, April 16 at Campos Garden (644 East 12th Street) from 11AM-4PM. Spring Awakening Parade leaves El Sol Brillante (12th Street between Avenues A&B) at Noon on Saturday, April 23.Read More
- The Christodora Settlement House: Community, Relationships, and Social Change THU MAR 24 6:30 PMJoin EVCC, the Lower East Side Preservation Initiative (LESPI) and author Joyce Milambiling for a fascinating preview of her work-in-progress. Re-discovered letters from a settlement house client to her teacher led to research which puts the history of the movement, and the building itself, in context. Register here!Read More
- MAR 5- MAY 11 Ecological City Art & Climate Solutions WorkshopsCollaborate with Earth Celebrations’ artists-in-residence! Wednesdays 6:30-9:30pm Costume with Soule GoldenSaturdays 12-4pm Puppet with Lucrecia Novoa @ Earth Celebrations 638 E. 6th St (btw Aves B & C) FREE – Sign up on Eventbrite – eventbrite.com/e/earth-celebrations-art-climate-solutions-workshops-tickets-130886816993Read More
- Ave B Open Streets Survey – fill by MAR 11Please participate in the Avenue B Open Street Survey by FRI MAR 11 to help us protect and promote public space for our urban community! Fill-out the survey now at: bit.ly/avebsurveyRead More
- SAT FEB 12 Avenue B WinterFest 1 PM – 5 PM between 8th & 9th Streets!Join Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition for an afternoon of family-friendly programs on the Ave B Open Street! The DOT Public Space Unit will be on hand to conduct a survey on the Open Street, with an interactive Art Installation with Kuki.Go Tape Art! Coffee & cocoa courtesy Hekate Cafe (while supplies last)! 1:00 and 2:00 ...Read More
- SUN DEC 12 Tompkins Square Park Tree Lighting 4 PM!Join EVCC at our favorite annual neighborhood event!Read More
- TUE NOV 30 Behind the Curtain: 19th Century Theater in the Lower East Side 6:30 PMJoin Ralph Lewis and our friends at LESPI (The Lower East Side Preservation Initiative) for this entertaining webinar on the history of the birth of Broadway! From the very first venue to the establishment of an entire Theater District, much of the action took place right here on the Lower East Side. Register today!Read More