Please visit our What’s Open EV map to discover local businesses across the East Village that are operating through the pandemic. Local businesses are the lifeblood of the neighborhood, let’s do our best to continue supporting them.
A diversity of local independent retail shops and services is an essential part of life in the East Village. EVCC continues to press for any and all measures to support the small businesses that keep our neighborhood livable and attractive. (more…)
What do you see when you look uptown or downtown from the East Village? Towers. EVCC works to protect our walkable, tree-lined streets, one of the main reasons people love living here.
We champion better public transportation for our community and encourage human-powered transportation, the best way to appreciate our neighborhood.
Latest News on Our Campaigns
- FRI 9/24 – SUN 10/3 LUNGS Harvest Arts Festival!Check out the jam-packed schedule of activities and performances in your local community gardens!Read More
- SUN SEP 19 Residential SAFE Disposal Event 10 am – 4 pm!Dispose of harmful household products safely, rain or shine! Drop off Solvents, Automotive, Flammable and Electronic waste on the South side of 17th Street, between Park Avenue South & Broadway. Registration required! Learn more about what you can bring.Read More
- THU AUG 26 The Future of Outdoor Dining! 6pmJoin EVCC and Village Preservation for a conversation about the future of outdoor dining and the use of public space! While most residents understood the need for an outdoor dining program during the height of the pandemic emergency, there are many concerns about the program, its expansion, and what permanent implementation might mean. We’ll review our ...Read More
- SAT JULY 10 LES Culture & Community Day! 2 – 6pmJoin FABnyc, Dorill Initiative, G.O.L.E.S, Loisaida Center, The Lower East Side Girls Club, Sixth Street Community Center, Swiss Institute, Tompkins Square Library (and more!) for an afternoon of culture & community on the Ave B Open Street between 8th & 9th Streets.Read More
- StreetLab and Let There Be Jazz! 3 – 5pm Fridays in MayJoin Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition (LOSCC) and StreetLab for obstacle courses, chalk drawing and free play from 2 – 5pm Fridays in May! With a very special lineup of top-notch jazz musicians from Gotham Yardbird Sanctuary from 3 – 5pm.Read More
- MAS Jane’s Walk NYC: Yiddish Theater CultureJoin Municipal Arts Society and the Lower East Side Preservation Initiative (LESPI) for a livestream virtual tour exploring the creativity and culture of early Yiddish Theater and its contribution to NYC culture. Led by licensed tour guide Barry Feldman and EVCC Executive Director Laura Sewell. Watch the replay of this wonderful program presented by the Lower ...Read More
- Get Summer Started with the 14th Street Y! SUN 1 PM & WED 6:30 PM through JUNEJoin LOSCC and the 14th Street Y for FREE fitness classes on the Ave B Open Street (13th – 14th Streets). All levels welcome!Read More
- LUNGS Spring Awakening 1- 5 PM SAT MAY 1Loisaida United Neighborhood Gardens’ Spring Awakening parade sets off at noon from El Sol Brillante Garden, 12th Street between Aves A & B, visits local gardens and lands on the Ave B Open Street. Join LOSCC and FABnyc for an afternoon of performances, tours, seed giveaways and more!Read More
- Zumba on the Ave B Open Street! 1 & 2 PM SAT MAR 27Join us for a FREE drop-in Zumba Class on Ave B between 9th & 10th Streets! Low impact at 1 PM, all levels at 2 PM. Sponsored by NYC DOT and produced by Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition.Read More
- Sustainable Fashion Show 12:30 PM SUN MAR 21Featuring slow, upcycled and vintage fashion on the Ave B Open Street between 10th & 11th Streets!Read More