Please visit our What’s Open EV map to discover local businesses across the East Village that are operating through the pandemic. Local businesses are the lifeblood of the neighborhood, let’s do our best to continue supporting them.
A diversity of local independent retail shops and services is an essential part of life in the East Village. EVCC continues to press for any and all measures to support the small businesses that keep our neighborhood livable and attractive. (more…)
What do you see when you look uptown or downtown from the East Village? Towers. EVCC works to protect our walkable, tree-lined streets, one of the main reasons people love living here.
We champion better public transportation for our community and encourage human-powered transportation, the best way to appreciate our neighborhood.
Latest News on Our Campaigns
- East Village: Lens on the Lower East Side Book Talk 6:30PM TUE DEC 29Join author Marilyn Appelberg and contributing photographers for a lively talk on the Lower East Side Preservation Initiative’s East Village: Lens on the Lower East Side. Register in advance and sign in early!Read More
- Through Jan 4: Arecibo at Tompkins Square LibraryThe Flint Collective’s latest installation pays tribute to the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico, which suffered a catastrophic collapse on December 1. View at 331 E. 10TH ST, 5PM -7PM nightly.Read More
- Zumba on the AVE B Open Street! 1-3PM SAT DEC 26Join Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition for a FREE drop-in Zumba Class! Work off those holiday pounds and shed those layers! Sponsored by NYC DOT and produced by Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition.Read More
- James & Karla Murray Tompkins Square Library Curator Talk 6PM MON DEC 7Join us for a virtual curator talk with James and Karla Murray, as they show work created by participants of their 2020 Mom and Pop Storefronts Workshops, currently on exhibit at the Tompkins Square Library’s East Village Arts Festival. Please register in advance to receive the Zoom link! Economy Candy by Joel HollandRead More
- Tompkins Square Library East Village Arts Festival DEC 4 – 12Have you noticed the library glowing? See the Flint Collective’s Arecibo, a lovely tribute to the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico, 5PM – 7AM nightly, 331 E. 10TH ST. Register in advance for links to a variety of virtual events in the 4th Annual East Village Arts Festival!Read More
- World AIDS Day Vigil 6PM SAT DEC 5Join the Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition on 9th St & Ave B for speakers, performance and a candlelight vigil honoring World AIDS Day.Read More
- Please support EVCC this #GivingTuesday!We do our best to support our very special neighborhood in every way we can, and have stepped up to serve our community in this challenging time. Please give as generously as you can, and share this widely. Thank you!Read More
- Tompkins Square Park Community Cleanup 11 AM SAT OCT 10Meet at the Field House (9th St btwn Ave A & B). We’ll be there for a few hours, join when you can! Weed, prune, clean up litter. Please bring your own masks & gloves; tools & refreshments will be provided.Read More
- LUNGS Harvest Arts Festival SAT & SUN OCT 3 & 4 in the gardensEnjoy art, performances and happenings in the community gardens this weekend!Read More
- Reel Ecologies Film Festival FRI to SUN OCT 2 – 4 in the gardensFrom MoRUS & Green Map, to benefit Sixth Street Community Center’s food distribution program: RSVP or purchase tix! RSVP or purchase tix this year, to help keep everyone safe!Read More