Please visit our What’s Open EV map to discover local businesses across the East Village that are operating through the pandemic. Local businesses are the lifeblood of the neighborhood, let’s do our best to continue supporting them.
A diversity of local independent retail shops and services is an essential part of life in the East Village. EVCC continues to press for any and all measures to support the small businesses that keep our neighborhood livable and attractive. (more…)
What do you see when you look uptown or downtown from the East Village? Towers. EVCC works to protect our walkable, tree-lined streets, one of the main reasons people love living here.
We champion better public transportation for our community and encourage human-powered transportation, the best way to appreciate our neighborhood.
Preserving the culture of the East Village
The EVCC works alongside our coalition partners to expand Historic Districts and Individual Landmarks protections in our community. Each of our neighborhood’s historic buildings has a story to tell.
Latest News on Our Campaigns
- East Village Community Organizations Release “Crisis and Adaptation: Storefront Trends in the East Village, 2019 – 2021”The report explores storefront vacancies, retail mix, merchant stories, and changes in the commercial landscape since 2019. Read the report now!Read More
- 31st Annual Tompkins Square Park Tree Lighting 4 PM SUN DEC 11Join EVCC at our favorite annual event in Tompkins Square Park! Meet our new @GetLocalEV Instagram campaign and check out our updated GetLocalEV.com map! Festivities continue after the tree lighting, on Ave B between 10th & 11th Streets!Read More
- LUNGS 11th ANNUAL HARVEST ARTS FESTIVAL OCT 7-16!Join Loisaida United Neighborhood Gardens (LUNGS) for the Harvest Arts Festival! Enjoy a diverse line up of musical acts, dance, comedy, film, games, and workshops from Oct 7 to Oct 16!Read More
- Jazz, Zumba, and a Puppet Show on Ave B Open Street! 1-5 PM SAT SEP 24Open Arts LES continues on Ave B Open Street! Join our collaborators FABnyc and Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition on Sept 24. Zumba starts at 1 PM, followed by a Jazz performance with Erli Perez at 2:30 PM and a trash constructed puppet show with URBANO’s CIRCUS at 3:45 PMRead More
- The Circus is Coming to Ave B Open Street on SAT Sept 17!Come see the circus in Lower East Side this Saturday, Sept 17! Clowns, jugglers, wire walkers, acrobats, aerial acts and more! Join us and FABnyc and to welcome Bindlestiff Flatbed Follies to the Ave B Open Street, sponsored by NYC DOTRead More
- Tompkins Square Park Cleanup! 10 AM SUN Sept 11Join us for a park cleanup at the corner of 7th Street and Avenue A at 10 AM! Sponsored by Assembly Member Harvey Epstein. All materials will be provided.Read More
- Jazz + Rhythm! Live Music and Zumba on Ave B Open Street! 1-5 PM SAT SEP 10Open Arts LES is back on Ave B! Join our collaborators FABnyc and Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition on Sept 10. Zumba returns at 1PM, and Mari Bel and Vivi Hu will provide fabulous musical performances from 2-5pm.Read More
- LES Summer Showdown Basketball Tournament! 10 AM – 6 PM SAT SEP 3 in Tompkins Square Park and on the Ave B Open Street!Join FABnyc, Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition and the 9th Precinct Youth Coordination Officers for games, giveaways, arts workshops and more!Read More
- Tompkins Square Park Cleanup! 10 AM SUN AUG 21Assembly member Harvey Epstein has organized a park cleanup for Tompkins Square. Meet-up at the corner of 7th Street and Avenue A at 10 AM. All materials will be provided!Read More
- Jazz + Rhythm! Live Music and Zumba on Ave B Open Street! 1-5 PM SAT AUG 20Join us for August’s last Open Arts LES with our collaborators FABnyc and Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition! Zumba returns at 1PM, and The Kate Cosco / Laura Dreyer Jazz project and experimental Argentinian troop Duo Chuno will provide fabulous musical performances from 2-5pm! Off for a brief recess, OpenArtsLES returns to Ave B on ...Read More
- Jazz + Tango Performances on Ave B Open Street! 1-5 PM SAT AUG 13Got plans for this weekend’s perfect weather? We do! Join us for a FREE Zumba class with the 14th Street Y at 1pm, and then stick around for Jazz and Tango performances by Kimberly Fergie and Los Chantas Tango NYC from 2-5pm as part of OpenArtsLES! FABnyc’s amazing resident artists will also teaching us the ...Read More