Please visit our What’s Open EV map to discover local businesses across the East Village that are operating through the pandemic. Local businesses are the lifeblood of the neighborhood, let’s do our best to continue supporting them.
A diversity of local independent retail shops and services is an essential part of life in the East Village. EVCC continues to press for any and all measures to support the small businesses that keep our neighborhood livable and attractive. (more…)
What do you see when you look uptown or downtown from the East Village? Towers. EVCC works to protect our walkable, tree-lined streets, one of the main reasons people love living here.
We champion better public transportation for our community and encourage human-powered transportation, the best way to appreciate our neighborhood.
Latest News on Our Campaigns
- StreetLab and Let There Be Jazz! 3 – 5pm Fridays in MayJoin Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition (LOSCC) and StreetLab for obstacle courses, chalk drawing and free play from 2 – 5pm Fridays in May! With a very special lineup of top-notch jazz musicians from Gotham Yardbird Sanctuary from 3 – 5pm.Read More
- MAS Jane’s Walk NYC: Yiddish Theater CultureJoin Municipal Arts Society and the Lower East Side Preservation Initiative (LESPI) for a livestream virtual tour exploring the creativity and culture of early Yiddish Theater and its contribution to NYC culture. Led by licensed tour guide Barry Feldman and EVCC Executive Director Laura Sewell. Watch the replay of this wonderful program presented by the Lower ...Read More
- Get Summer Started with the 14th Street Y! SUN 1 PM & WED 6:30 PM through MAYJoin LOSCC and the 14th Street Y for FREE fitness classes on the Ave B Open Street (13th – 14th Streets). All levels welcome!Read More
- LUNGS Spring Awakening 1- 5 PM SAT MAY 1Loisaida United Neighborhood Gardens’ Spring Awakening parade sets off at noon from El Sol Brillante Garden, 12th Street between Aves A & B, visits local gardens and lands on the Ave B Open Street. Join LOSCC and FABnyc for an afternoon of performances, tours, seed giveaways and more!Read More
- Zumba on the Ave B Open Street! 1 & 2 PM SAT MAR 27Join us for a FREE drop-in Zumba Class on Ave B between 9th & 10th Streets! Low impact at 1 PM, all levels at 2 PM. Sponsored by NYC DOT and produced by Loisaida Open Streets Community Coalition.Read More
- Sustainable Fashion Show 12:30 PM SUN MAR 21Featuring slow, upcycled and vintage fashion on the Ave B Open Street between 10th & 11th Streets!Read More
- Spring Community Cleanup 12:00 – 2:00 PM SAT MAR 20Join EVCC for a day of community to clean up Ave B and Tompkins Square Park! Check in at GOLES 171 Avenue B 12:00 – 2:00 pm.Read More
- 311 Boot Camp 6:30 PM WED MAR 10Learn how to access open data to see the status of the addresses that interest you. Takeaways include how to research 311 complaints, Department of Buildings violations and hearings. Block associations and individuals are welcome! Please register to receive a link to join us.Read More
- Engaging with the WhatsOpenEV.com Map 12:30 – 2:30 PM SUN MAR 7Meet the WhatsOpenEV.com map! An open-source tool created by BetaNYC and maintained by EVCC, with tips from local blogger evgrieve.com and dedicated virtual volunteers. On the Ave B Open Street near 11th Street. This event is weather-dependent, please register for updates.Read More
- Creating Collective Power: a phototalk with The 4th Street Photo GalleryAlex Harsley’s reportage style of photography started in 1958 as the first Black photographer for the New York City District Attorney. Mr. Harsley has curated The 4th Street Photo Gallery and The Minority Photographers non-profit since the early 1970s. Join us for a special photography talk about this neighborhood treasure and Alex Harsley’s own work. Watch the replay of ...Read More